Skip to main content

Ocean Springs School District Home of the Greyhounds

Child Nutrition » Child Nutrition

Child Nutrition

The Ocean Springs School District has been approved by the State Department to feed all enrolled students for FREE every school day beginning Monday, September 21 until Wednesday, May 26, 2021. Money left in student's accounts may be spent on extra food sales(water, extra entree' or milk) if parents have filled out the Extra Food Purchase Permission Form located under the menu icon on this website. All meals served must meet standards established by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Parents with students enrolled in Greyhound Virtual Academy must contact the Child Nutrition Office at 228-875-2880 to fill out a parent pick up form if interested in picking up meals. Virtual student meals will be scheduled to be picked up on school days at noon. School pickup locations are to be announced.

Gayle Schultz
Director of Child Nutrition



Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: 
U.S. Department of Agriculture            
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights                                                                                          
1400 Independence Avenue, SW                                                                                                                    
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410                                                                                                            
Fax:(202) 690-7442
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Smart Snack Calculator
For your convenience, OSSD uses My School Bucks-Pay for your child's meals online!
My School Bucks


IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR FREE OR REDUCED MEALS PLEASE COMPLETE AN ONLINE APPLICATION . Paper applications are available in each school cafeteria or in the Child Nutrition Office.