Superintendent's Parents Advisory Council (SPAC)
|The Superintendent engages parents as true partners in building and sustaining a strong educational foundation in OSSD. We invite all OSSD parents to apply to serve as a member of the Superintendent's Parent Advisory Council (SPAC) as we work to build a strong community-parent-school partnership.|
During the 2018-2019 application period, 90 applications were received and 28 were selected to serve as members who will meet monthly to discuss important district issues impacting our students.
SPAC members will:
- Actively participate in monthly meetings with the Superintendent
- Share input on upcoming policy decisions and best practices
- Discuss parent perspectives on topics impacting their child's school and the school district
- Build relationships with parents from across the school district
- Provide feedback to the superintendence and be responsible for sharing, promoting and communicating information to parents in our district.